Communication and Confidence Go Hand in Hand
Communication refers to the decimation of information from people to people and Confidence refers to the ability to imbibe effectiveness and impact in a communication. Both of these are necessary attributes in the corporate environment.
Confidence and Communication go hand in hand. You need to possess both the skills to draw attention of the people on what you are saying and hence succeed.
Top 5 problems faced due to lack of fluency in English
Job/ Institution interview – Though academics gets a good weightage over other areas, majority of the interviewers like to test the fluency in English of a candidate. Since English is one of the primary languages used for communication, lacking the ability to speak fluently becomes a big hurdle in landing up a job.
Problem with conversing – In a corporate set up, each individual needs to interact with seniors, clients, juniors and other parties. Not having proper understanding of English language might result in wrong interpretation.
Lack of ability to read journals/magazines – Research professionals need to study published journals and magazines. Most of these are published in the English language and hence not knowing the language properly might pose a hurdle.
Problems with Presentation – In our professional life we have to make and present a number of researches. Not having accuracy in English will make people disinterested in what you are saying.
Less help in organisation to succeed – All organisations want their employees to be an asset to them. Companies want them to shape a path for their future. Lack of fluency might hamper the growth prospects of the companies.
Whilst, the English that we speak to interact socially has developed a little weird tone, Business English still has the ethnicity intact. Conversing casually with friends is one thing and conversing in a professional environment is another.
Business English demands good command over grammar, vocabulary and addressing etiquettes. Be it preparing a report or presiding over a meeting, the English has to be free from grammatical errors and perfect.
Why Basic Grammar is the Backbone
The whole structure of a language is collectively known as grammar. Each language has certain rules or architecture that gives a formal shape to it. Even the English language has a basic grammar structure that governs the use and placement of words in a sentence.
Business communication demands professionalism and perfection. Learning basic grammar sets a strong foundation to understand English better. Moreover, understanding grammar will also make it easy to learn other languages.
Importance of Written English
(The Importance of Learning to Draft Professional Documents)
Among the top 5 soft skills that an employer looks into while hiring is the communication skills. With the spread of internet, the reach has also increased. This has decreased the intensity of face to face interactions and given more prominence to written English.
Be it emails, circulars, annual reports, the role of written communication can certainly not be ignored. Even while seeking a leave, one needs to submit a written application to the employer, requesting a leave to the explorer.
How Classes are Conducted
To develop your communicative/spoken skills, you would need the help of experts who have been in the corporate field. Professionals at our institute take soft skills seriously and aim at imparting value education. The course is conducted in a small batch, to give effect to this concern.
Spoken / Communicative Business English Training Program is a two month modular program that can be accustomed, according to the needs of the student. We ensure that the students develop good knowledge communication skills by the end of our program.
- Spoken English – We will focus on helping you develop a habit to think and speak in English. This will bring fluency in your Spoken English.
- Tenses – Learn how to use the correct form of the tenses in written and spoken forms of communication.
- StoryTelling Exercise – This exercise helps to develop the creative side of your communication skills.
- Role Play/ Conversations – These are one of the most interesting parts of our course. You get to act different roles and a chance to experience how it feels like.
- Tongue Twisters – Exercises to help you improve your overall speech and communication skills.
- Use of Language in Relationships / Jobs / Occupation – Learn how and which words to use in different situations. There is a lot of difference in formal and informal way of communication.
- Group Discussions – Most job interviews have a Group Discussions (GD) round in their selections. We will prepare you on how to crack these interviews.
- Narrate Movie/ Book Review – Reading is the best way to improve your English. Writing Movie and Book Reviews will help you develop deeper understanding on the language.
- Vocabulary – Learn about more number of words and increase your vocabulary.
- Antonym and Synonym – One of the basic necessities of good Business English skills is to have knowledge of words and their meanings/opposites. At Nabarunified, we will guide you and help you grow.
- Basic Grammar – Learn the basics of grammar and brush up your English.
- Confidence – Developing confidence helps to remove shyness and act as a major force in boosting career prospects.
- Removing Fear Factors – We will help you identify and break your barriers with unique exercises.